If I were to sum up this movie…. it would be fairly impossible. It’s a multi-threaded tale that includes, among other things:
* A gritty, sloppy home-birth with multiple husband slaps
* An ex-con who fancies himself a doctor of holistic medicine
* A manic gardener who has plans for a placenta
* A mumbling creole home remodeling company
As if all these basic themes aren’t enough, the movie is infinitely quotable.
* “People are like teabags. You never know how strong they are until you put them into hot water”
* “So, you’re asking me to fire myself?”
* “We need ebola; we need the plague, that’s how viral we have to go right now”
* “You had the baby! Would you put the gun down?!!?”
In summary, Amazon calls this a comedy and I can’t really categorize it any other way, but I’d add the word “quirky”. It’s not the sort of film that makes you laugh out loud so much as it makes you say, “um, wow.” after it’s over. This is one that’s probably funnier the second time through. And the third. And the fourth. Ad infinitum.
Visit our review on Amazon.com to let us know what you think and don’t forget to vote our review helpful if you find it so. If you don’t then that’s fine too but please let us know what we missed!